Close

Default Rebuild Prop Valve

Were ya'll aware of this?

https://www.musclecarresearch.com/va...-E0ZC-2B328-AA

I had no idea you could rebuild these things.
    I push my fingers into my eyes......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update - 2023 - Looking to buy 81 Mustang, 82/85/86 Mustang GT, and 79 - 86 Capri (No Sunroof). Not looking for all original/show cars or convertibles - I will be modifying. Would be nice if both were - Black Interior, PW, PL, AC, No - or very little rust. Motor/Trans/Axle not important. Options negotiable with price.

FEP Power Member

Yes, been around for years. I'm sure its been posted here as well.

It can be challenging to disassemble sometimes.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

FEP Supporter

FGross2006, a user here, bought that kit and a few other pieces from them. He has a post about his experience.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-performance
    '85 GT

Quote Originally Posted by qikgts View Post
    FGross2006, a user here, bought that kit and a few other pieces from them. He has a post about his experience.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-performance
    Woof...... what a time he had!! I would just rather send mine to the guy and say make it new....
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0

I thought musclecarresearch.com just sold parts. I don't think they actually do any repair work.

Edit - Per the FAQ on their site:
    Can you rebuild my proportioning or distribution valve for me?

Sorry, but I don't offer a general valve rebuilding service. The only valves I'm interesting in rebuilding are those that aren't yet listed in my catalog. Please contact me if you have an unlisted valve and you're interested in having it rebuilt. I'll let you know if I can help you. Please have a picture or two handy.
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)

Quote Originally Posted by mcb82gt View Post
    Woof...... what a time he had!! I would just rather send mine to the guy and say make it new....
    You got that right. What a huge waste of time and money. I still have a plug in place of the low brake light sensor. I don't recommend that rebuild kit. My proportion valve was so pitted internally that it would not clean up with a wire brush. The brake light sensor is supposed to be in a dry chamber, kept dry by o'rings on either side. I tried replacing the o-rings twice.

I did buy an after market proportion valve from Amazon that supposedly is for an 79-86 Capri but the threads on the rears require inserts and the bracket is on the wrong side which would require either destroying the original to get the bracket off, or have one fabricated. For that reason I haven't been eager to try swapping out for the aftermarket one and because some review say the aftermarket ones also leak from the brake light switch brand new out of the box.