Close

Default Painting Plastic Fender Louvers? Zephyr

Looking to paint one of my plastic fender louvers on my Zephyr. Has anyone had to paint one of these, and is there any special prep that needs to be done? I know that the interior plastics do, not sure about the exterior pieces. Thanks for any help.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

I’d imagine you can use SEM products and have really good results. The can I have (Charcoal - 39153) says it does not need any adhesion promoter and it’s worked like a charm so far. Prep it like you normally would and wipe it down with some alcohol beforehand and you’re in business.

$.02
    1986 Mustang GT - 2A, 5 Sp
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

Quote Originally Posted by ITdude87 View Post
    I’d imagine you can use SEM products and have really good results. The can I have (Charcoal - 39153) says it does not need any adhesion promoter and it’s worked like a charm so far. Prep it like you normally would and wipe it down with some alcohol beforehand and you’re in business.

$.02
    Thanks so much! Really appreciate it.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.