Close

Default 83 GT Hood sticker.

Hi Guys, just ordered a GT Hood Sticker for my 83. Anybody have any measurments on where to put it? I've been searching but really can't find a good example. Thanks!

and does anybody have any measurements for the Buckle Up for Safety window stickers?
    Chris
    Chris Perry
    1983 Mustang GT 5.0
    1984 Thunderbird TC

If no one else has an answer for you, i will be looking at a friends all original 1983 GT this next week. I know for a fact that this car still has the original factory paint and hood decal. I can get dimensions for you then if you still need them at that time.

Mongos82ttop

Question....

GT Hood sticker?

Are you referring to the "GT" lettering at the leading edge of the black panel down the center of the hood? I'm just curious since I've seen a very large decal for the black panel for 85+ models. It makes me wonder if the 83-84 models are the same, or is the black panel painted?

I know....always asking questions!

Bryan

yes thats what i'm talking about, my car either didn't get the gt logo or it was taken off. I heard it was painted from the factory, but im not sure. if you can get the dimensions that would be great, the sticker seems to have an angle on it so can line it up, but i dontknow it its right.
    Chris Perry
    1983 Mustang GT 5.0
    1984 Thunderbird TC

Quote Originally Posted by 84tbirdturbo42 View Post
    yes thats what i'm talking about, my car either didn't get the gt logo or it was taken off. I heard it was painted from the factory, but im not sure. if you can get the dimensions that would be great, the sticker seems to have an angle on it so can line it up, but i dont know if its right.
    Oh, I get it now... You mean this decal:

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...od-Decal-White

I see what you mean..... If the decal isn't on the car, knowing exactly where to put it does make it a bit tricky. The one thing about the leaning angle of the lettering...all of the decals on the car have that look to it. You might have to "eyeball" it by placing the decal on the hood of the car until it looks right, then use some tape to use as reference lines and then apply the decal.

I tried to do a search online about placement of the decal, but came up empty. I'm going to have the same problem at some point, because the GT decal on the hood of the car I'm getting is half peeled off and the blackout panel needs to be replaced/repainted.

It's not perfect, but maybe this pic as a reference will help:

Bryan
    Last edited by Gemini1999; 12-31-2010 at 12:15 AM.

The logo was part of the package that would have been given with the keys, when I bought my 83 a few weeks ago it still had the original decal in the package with the manual. At least it seems that way. There is a part number on the sticker e3zb-16b621-ae4pa there is a second line that says "LEGEND" not sure if its part of the part number.
    Last edited by Saint; 12-31-2010 at 01:42 AM.

Went to look at the '83 GT yesterday and take measurements.
    The decal was placed as follows:

1) Measuring from the drivers side edge of hood, towards the center of the hood, the measurement is 14-1/4". This is to the upper right tip of the slanted part of the "T".

2) Measuring from the very front edge of the hood to the bottom/center of each of the "G" and the "T", this measurement is 4-1/4".

3) The overall dimensions of the "GT" decal is 2-1/8" tall and 5-3/4" wide.

4) Also, the black area down the center of the hood is painted from the factory. The "GT" and the stripes on the hood/grill are viny, that are applied on top of the paint.

If you need any more help or clarification with the placement of the decal let me know. Good luck!!

Mongos82ttop

thanks so much!
    Chris Perry
    1983 Mustang GT 5.0
    1984 Thunderbird TC

Awesome information!
    Project "WinBacK" 1986 LX Hatchback
    - CA car, 5.0 w/5 speed
    - Cobra 17x8.5's + Modded Mach1 Chin Spoiler + 83-84 Hood & Scoop/85-86 "Blackout"+ FMS Mass Air Kit+ MM Clutch Cable & Quadrant + Fiore Cable Adjuster + MM SFC's+ Wild Rides "Battle Boxes" + Explorer Intake, Converted TB & Injectors, 70 mm Mass Air Meter + BBK Ceramic Shorties + 2.5" Bassani O/R X-Pipe & Cat-Back Exhaust w/ 3" Tips + 3L27 w/ Carbon Fiber Clutches​(out of retirement) + Pistol Grip Shifter + 99-04 GT Front/00 Cobra Rear Disc Brakes

well i finally went to add the sticker last night and realized i might have the wrong one, this almost looks black. not charcoal like my car is :/. any body have any insight?
    Chris Perry
    1983 Mustang GT 5.0
    1984 Thunderbird TC

Quote Originally Posted by mongos82ttop View Post
    Went to look at the '83 GT yesterday and take measurements.
    The decal was placed as follows:

1) Measuring from the drivers side edge of hood, towards the center of the hood, the measurement is 14-1/4". This is to the upper right tip of the slanted part of the "T".

2) Measuring from the very front edge of the hood to the bottom/center of each of the "G" and the "T", this measurement is 4-1/4".

3) The overall dimensions of the "GT" decal is 2-1/8" tall and 5-3/4" wide.

4) Also, the black area down the center of the hood is painted from the factory. The "GT" and the stripes on the hood/grill are viny, that are applied on top of the paint.

If you need any more help or clarification with the placement of the decal let me know. Good luck!!

Mongos82ttop

Thank you for this information