Close

Default ITdude87's 1986 Mustang GT

Took my DSLR out yesterday to get a few actual photos in a nearby park, so I figured what better time than now to start an album here to dump everything else going forward.

Interior shot:

Post LED swap in the Marchals:

First car show 2023:

Window tint appointment Spring 2023:

Under the hood:

Pre-Tint quarter windows, first fill up spring 2023:

Red LED's in the cluster:

Last edited by ITdude87; 06-25-2023 at 03:46 PM.
    1986 Mustang GT - 2A, 5 Sp
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

Car looks great. Very Clean. Which DSLR are you using? Nice shots.

Beautiful car .

Verstuurd vanaf mijn CPH2219 met Tapatalk

Thanks! I use a Canon 80D with a few different lenses, the first 7 photos above were with a 1.8 50mm. It’s the cheapest lens I have but but ironically the one I use the most. Truthfully I use my iPhone 99% of the time otherwise. It’s just so inconvenient carrying around my gear that I have to think ahead and be intentional about it otherwise I never use the SLR. I reserve it for portraits and landscapes mostly.
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

Sweet ride!
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Nice pics right size. Last year of the best. Would not mind one with auto trans.
    Currently use a Samsung Galaxy phone with a card for photos and short video. Set to lo-rez for small file size.
    Basic MS Paint for resizing post file size under 50kb. Ulead for video edits.
    Sony Hi8 nightshot camcorder is the fav for long video like car shows. Have wide angle lens option. Great battery.
    Love watching old cruise and personal videos in the winter connected to a big screen tv.
    The old Kodak Z900 with card used to be great but has issue with not turning on. Planned obsolescence.
    Tricky to capture cruise cars on the roll. Have to lead camera if it is off. No capture delay with 35mm.
    All have sound in video mode and have been used as usb web cams.

Quote Originally Posted by gr79 View Post
    Tricky to capture cruise cars on the roll. Have to lead camera if it is off. No capture delay with 35mm.
    If you can, try:
    Dial up the ISO setting, open up the aperture (or a combination of thereof), and then reduce the shutter speed. That will let you catch action a lot better and reduce motion blur

I'd imagine your Galaxy would have some pretty good capture abilities for moving subjects as well. Grab a big ol' Micro-SD card and use that. You can get huge ones for fairly cheap now days.

I can't help but shutter a little bit as MS Paint. Yikes.

If you get bored and want to play around with something, check out GIMP for photo editing. It's basically the de-facto open source application that's about as close to Photoshop as you can get:
    https://www.gimp.org/downloads/

It might be a little shocking to you at first, it can get fairly advanced pretty quick, but it can also be as simple as you want.
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

Quote Originally Posted by gr79 View Post
    Nice pics right size.
    Bold for emphasis.

They are actually gigantic in resolution.

imgur.com
    will automatically resize them to best fit if you use their baked in share links for "BBCode"

Example, here's a "direct link" to one of them: https://i.imgur.com/6Bgmo8f.jpg
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

Galaxy iso is all the way up at 400. Used 200 35mm back when. 8g micro card was immediate mod.
    Held sideways to take wider photos with two hand grip. Screen auto rotates.
    Rear camera is set for a 2x tap quick launch from home button. Auto focus. Volume key or finger zoom.
    5mp rez. 4:3 video set at vga. control buttons on screen. Colors are not always accurate like the Kodak.
    Copied Paint from my XP pc. Simple have used it for years. Have 32bit Photoshop, etc.
    Prefer to stay out of the cloud but good to know for learning new techniques. Art is fun when in the mood.
    Phone has sports, pro modes among other options.
    Pics are not blurred but getting a moving object centered in view takes practice.
    Ulead Video Studio works fine for editing saved video like cutting out tv commercials.

The phone is handy. Have sound anayl (db and spectrum), barcode apps that really work.
    Pc recognizes phone as another hd automatically via usb.
    Never used it as a phone. Cost 30 new at Meijer.. ATT prepaid chip is stored never activated.
    Have used free wifi on the road. Even with excellent Logitech Bluetooth kb, navigation is just too awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by ITdude87 View Post
    Thanks! I use a Canon 80D with a few different lenses, the first 7 photos above were with a 1.8 50mm. It’s the cheapest lens I have but but ironically the one I use the most. Truthfully I use my iPhone 99% of the time otherwise. It’s just so inconvenient carrying around my gear that I have to think ahead and be intentional about it otherwise I never use the SLR. I reserve it for portraits and landscapes mostly.
    Nice! I have been using Nikons. My first was a D70 that I got back in 2004. Now I'm using a D7200 with a few different lenses. The 50mm is a great everyday lens. I have one of those in my bag as well. The cameras on the phones have come a long way and much easier to carry than all the camera gear.

Ooh. I shot film and slide up until about a year ago...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Quote Originally Posted by fascat View Post
    Nice! I have been using Nikons. My first was a D70 that I got back in 2004. Now I'm using a D7200 with a few different lenses. The 50mm is a great everyday lens. I have one of those in my bag as well. The cameras on the phones have come a long way and much easier to carry than all the camera gear.
    D7200 is great camera.

I'd love to upgrade and get a full frame sensor instead of APS-C, but I just can't justify the cost with how much I actually use the one I've got.

All the magic is in the lenses and the lighting anyways.
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

D7200 is great camera.

I'd love to upgrade and get a full frame sensor instead of APS-C, but I just can't justify the cost with how much I actually use the one I've got.

All the magic is in the lenses and the lighting anyways.
    Thanks. It would be nice to upgrade to a full frame but I can't justify the cost either for all that I use my current one as well.

FEP Supporter

Beautiful time capsule you have there! Pics look great! Way better than anything I could ever snap off!
    '85 GT

I'd pay for a tank of gas for a driving experience in that thing, carefully of course.

Pics are art with a story. Produced and directed results for best viewing.

Have done in-car tripoded video, making sure of good sound, several times.
    MIS race track and car cruises and redriving local trip routes to visit relatives as a kid in the family car.
    Old neighborhoods are good to if into that. Or video, pics, as kids and beyond.

Did a short video at work unloading engine racks from a rail boxcar with my forklift 10 years ago.
    Camera moves, angles, focus to show how the deal is done as i seen it

Time frozen in storage boxes ready to be 'thawed out' or viewed.
    Estimate is 90% of my pics and video is regular content. Never know when that very special view will be captured.

Here's a couple photos with the GTS headlight covers installed

2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

Lookin' good. Congrats on getting the headlight cover issues resolved.
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)

FEP Supporter

^^^^^ Ditto! ^^^^^
    '85 GT

Sweet car! My buddy had a black '85 GT, T-roof, 5-speed, updated gears, all of the body skirting, and custom pinstriping. We used to go to watch him run SCCA events all the time. What a great car that was. Looking at your interior brought back tons of great memories from '85 and years beyond. I'd take a 4-eye over the 87-93 foxes any day. The front ends just have much more character!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_83_GT View Post
    Sweet car! My buddy had a black '85 GT, T-roof, 5-speed, updated gears, all of the body skirting, and custom pinstriping. We used to go to watch him run SCCA events all the time. What a great car that was. Looking at your interior brought back tons of great memories from '85 and years beyond. I'd take a 4-eye over the 87-93 foxes any day. The front ends just have much more character!

Thank you!

I think the interior looks more like a "fighter jet" compared to the aero cars. I've always been partial to the gauges. The front end too.....Especially 85-86 (which are my favorite two years for Mustangs).

Don't get me wrong I wish the 4 Eye cars were a little easier to work on and especially find little parts and pieces as compared to the 87-93's - but I think the tradeoff and uniqueness is worth it.

They look just a little bit meaner.

I've noticed over time folks are slowly but surely getting on board with the consensus that the 4-Eye Mustangs are actually bad ass and a little bit rarer than the typical foxes. I don't know about you, but I don't see them anywhere in the wild outside of shows or in my garage.
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

I never see them in my neck of the woods, with the exception of mine. There's just something about them. No offense intended to the '87-'93 foxes. I'd drive one, no problem! Heck, before I got my '83 GT, I bid on an '88 GT vert. It went a little higher than I had wanted to pay and I'm actually glad I didn't get it because the GT I ended up getting was just what I wanted. But the front ends on those cars just seem a bit blah compared to the 4-eyes. Much more character from '79 to '86, in my opinion. And I agree, I like the uniqueness and rarity of the 4-eye, too. Just makes them more desirable to me.

Thank you!

I think the interior looks more like a "fighter jet" compared to the aero cars. I've always been partial to the gauges. The front end too.....Especially 85-86 (which are my favorite two years for Mustangs).

Don't get me wrong I wish the 4 Eye cars were a little easier to work on and especially find little parts and pieces as compared to the 87-93's - but I think the tradeoff and uniqueness is worth it.

They look just a little bit meaner.

I've noticed over time folks are slowly but surely getting on board with the consensus that the 4-Eye Mustangs are actually bad ass and a little bit rarer than the typical foxes. I don't know about you, but I don't see them anywhere in the wild outside of shows or in my garage.

Totally agree! Nice GT too