Close

Thread: Pedal covers

Default Pedal covers

Wanting to upgrade my old worn pedal rubber on my fox. Would like to go with billet aluminum. Whatcha all using? Seems to be a lot of garbage ones on amazon. Looking at some Steeda ones right now. Recommendations?
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Quote Originally Posted by Sask84gt View Post
    Wanting to upgrade my old worn pedal rubber on my fox. Would like to go with billet aluminum. Whatcha all using? Seems to be a lot of garbage ones on amazon. Looking at some Steeda ones right now. Recommendations?
    I have aluminum ones in my 2018 SHO, but I went with the 5.0 rubber pads for my '83 GT. I was going with the whole '5.0' theme (valve stem covers, floor mats, pedal covers, key ring, etc.) so those were the right choice for me.

Name:  20230817_182706.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  658.9 KB
    Last edited by Matt_83_GT; 01-02-2024 at 08:09 AM.
    Had ~
    '81 Mustang Ghia Hatchback, red, 4-cylinder, 5-speed, slow, but looked great!

Have ~
    '83 Mustang GT Hatchback, white with black, stock 5.0, 5-speed, T-tops, dual exhaust

Those 5.0 pads look nice

Quote Originally Posted by 83GTTops View Post
    Those 5.0 pads look nice
    Thanks! I really like them. It's a simple change, but it just kind of sets them off, especially with the 5.0 floor mats.
    Had ~

Have ~
    '83 Mustang GT Hatchback, white with black, stock 5.0, 5-speed, T-tops, dual exhaust

I read an interesting article that you want smooth pedal on gas to allow you to twist easily for heal and toe braking, shifting. Grippy pedals on brake and clutch. I use Turner BMW pedals on all my manuals.

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...l-set/?pdk=AQM
    Last edited by Drivunn; 01-13-2024 at 09:26 PM.
    Steve

1983 Mustang GT
    Popular Hot Rodding Project Car '83/84

1983 Capri 331 ci, TKO600

Quote Originally Posted by Drivunn View Post
    I read an interesting article that you want smooth pedal on gas to allow you to twist easily for heal and toe braking, shifting. Grippy pedals on brake and clutch. I use Turner BMW pedals on all my manuals.

https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-3...l-set/?pdk=AQM

Interesting, makes sense. Do the ones that you linked fit on our cars?
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Ended up going with the Steeda Aluminum ones

Name:  IMG_2226.jpeg
Views: 31
Size:  226.0 KB
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

They look cool. You'll have to post a pic when you install them. Would love to see how they look in the car!
    Had ~

Have ~