Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Very nice car!
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Glad you decided to keep it and not let it get aeroized.
    84 Capri RS Turbo
    Vinemont, AL (formerly El Mirage, AZ)
    USAF 1986-2007 (Ret)

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

My first post here in a couple of years but I must say that it's good to see Blainer taking the plunge into the Cobra world! Rust can be a bitch and it's easier to replace the parts if you can find good ones. I'm sure someone on this site could help out in that area for sure.

Ever thought about making the first Rat Rod '79 Cobra? Highly detailed engine compartment and interior with the patina on the outside? This would be a great start to get it on the road and running while you save up to get the bodywork done and you'd be able to enjoy the hell out of it until you get to that point.

I think it would be an awesome way to go!
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Quote Originally Posted by Hissing Cobra View Post
    My first post here in a couple of years but I must say that it's good to see Blainer taking the plunge into the Cobra world! Rust can be a bitch and it's easier to replace the parts if you can find good ones. I'm sure someone on this site could help out in that area for sure.

Ever thought about making the first Rat Rod '79 Cobra? Highly detailed engine compartment and interior with the patina on the outside? This would be a great start to get it on the road and running while you save up to get the bodywork done and you'd be able to enjoy the hell out of it until you get to that point.

I think it would be an awesome way to go!
    Hey Pete. I dived into it and made the choice to part ways with it. I did think about rat rodding it out but it kept beating me down to no avail. I did find my old ttop coupe and I'm hoping to purchase it back.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Blainer; 01-09-2024 at 05:08 PM.
    -Currently Searching for "The One"

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

I can totally understand that. Unfortunately, they all can't be saved. I hope you can get that coupe back!
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123