Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by 83GTTops View Post
    I am running BBK Ceramic headers and FlowMaster mufflers.

https://www.npdlink.com/product/exha.../164834/150315
    Cool, thanks! That's what I'm looking at, as well. What mid-pipe did you use or did you just run straight back from the headers?
    Had ~
    '81 Mustang Ghia Hatchback, red, 4-cylinder, 5-speed, slow, but looked great!

Have ~
    '83 Mustang GT Hatchback, white with black, stock 5.0, 5-speed, T-tops, dual exhaust

I am not sure about the mid-pipe. This is what it looks like under the car

It looks like they went no mid-pipe

Yep, straight through! That's what they should've done with mine, but they tried to send both the old path through the single hump side and then swing the driver's side flow back over (with very little support). Yours looks like it was done right! Mine's a freakin' mess, banging off the crossmember and scraping out on uneven roads all the time. My driveway is on an incline so sometimes it scrapes when I'm pulling into the garage. Getting that addressed this spring! Thanks for the photo and info; appreciate it!
    Had ~
    '81 Mustang Ghia Hatchback, red, 4-cylinder, 5-speed, slow, but looked great!

Have ~
    '83 Mustang GT Hatchback, white with black, stock 5.0, 5-speed, T-tops, dual exhaust

FEP Senior Member

Nice work on the 83. Similar event happened to a local person here in town.
    My car has had lots,of issues with exhaust which includes an x pipe. To top it off, I installed a BMR torque box reinforcement kit. Talk about tight spaces!

Patrick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12