Close

Default Mechanics Illustrated 1981 Ford Fairmont

Hello all,

I am not sure if you remember seeing this. Mechanics Illustrated 1981 Ford Fairmont

I was driving down the road, and I was like, wait? Is that the car? I took as many pictures I could.

That's pretty wild. Still on the road 42 years later. Looks like the same paint and rims. Great eye to recognize it and catch some pics.
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)

Quote Originally Posted by 85GTGuy View Post
    That's pretty wild. Still on the road 42 years later. Looks like the same paint and rims. Great eye to recognize it and catch some pics.
    I was more in shock. I thought, that is a one of one car. I thought I was seeing things. The only thing I see different is the center cap is off. Looks nice.

Any details on what they did initially ? Or links to the article ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastyorkstang View Post
    Any details on what they did initially ? Or links to the article ?
    To be honest. I never read the article I just remember seeing the cover. I should buy it and scan it in

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by 83GTTops View Post
    To be honest. I never read the article I just remember seeing the cover. I should buy it and scan it in
    Well, Here's the article:

Name:  Page1web.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  525.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images     

"After 5000 miles of break-in, the Fairmont.... was able to get from 0 to 60 mph in 15.6 seconds."
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)

Thanks for posting this, really appreciate it!
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.