Close

Default Thoughts on this combo. Heads, cam, rockers

Decided as well as doing my new tank and in tank pump I’m splurging on heads and cam. Looking at going with these trickflow ones. Stock bottom end 91 302. Cylinder Head, Twisted Wedge® 170, Fast As Cast®, Assy, 61cc Chamber, 1.46" Sp., Ford, Small Block. Looking at pairing with a stage 1 trickflow cam. Set of trickflow 3/8 TFS-51400510 rockers and some arp cylinder head studs
    154-4001. Just kind of want to make sure before I order these they are right and will fit and not the wrong ones.

thanks all
    154-4001
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Sorry guys that first post was a bit of a mess( was trying to do it at coffee at work lol) and for some reason text won’t show up to edit original so I will just start again. Long story short, been having a bit of health issues so I think I’m going to take the time and spend a bit of money and do the heads and cam on my car. 91 302( carved)stock bottom end. Front end is off for a water pump replacement so I might as well do the timing cover, chain and a cam while I’m in there. Always wanted to and now it’s time. Don’t want anything extreme just a nice set of heads, mild drivable cam that’s good in low to midrange, idles nice and not to loopy. I’ve already have the upgraded intake, bbk headers, full cat back exhaust etc. So this is what I’m looking at and pretty much what’s in my cart on summit right now. Just want you more knowing to have a look and make sure it will work for what I want. Also I’m open to other cams but I read the trickflow stage 1’s are a pretty nice cam.

Heads- Trickflow TFS-51410004-M 61 3/8” 24 rocker arm nuts 7/16 bolting
    Rockers- Trickflow TFS- 51400510 1.6 ratio 3/8”
    ARP pro cylinder head studs 514-4001
    Cam- Trickflow traxmax hydraulic roller camshaft TFS-514030001
    Last edited by Sask84gt; 04-25-2024 at 05:49 PM.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

FEP Supporter

Looks like a good solid combo to me.

Just add rocker studs, intake gaskets, head gaskets and I think you'd be good to go.

Don't forget to check pushrod length and PTV clearance. You'll likely be good if the block has never been decked but you never know unless you check.
    '85 GT